Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mother Nature is a whore, but she can't stop the mojo

Game 7: W 2-1/OT vs. Rangers: Another game, another overtime, and another win for the Blackhawks, this time against the NY Rangers. For a change it was Byfuglien providing the OT heroics. I know what you're thinking (I have that ESPN or whatever it's called). You think I made a mistake because there's no way in hell Byfuglien could have been a hero, but look I have evidence! This would have run me and Thomas D's record to a perfect 7-0, except that he didn't make it because work hates him, and mother nature (who is a whore) shit on northwest Indiana and Chicago the last two days. So he didn't make it, but Camp took his seat (literally) and extended the streak. So suck on that mother nature!!

The Hawks really didn't give me anything to complain about, as even perpetual targets "Suck", "Soup", and "The French F-Bomb" played well enough to avoid pot-shots by me. You know, unless I want to bitch about "The French F-Bomb" giving up a goal, or "Soup" doing a couple more spin moves, but that's kinda nit-picking in a game that the Hawks won.


But the real story of the game was New York goalie, Henrik Lundqvist. This dude nearly stole the game for the Rangers. The Hawks kicked New York's ass up and down the ice all night. They outshot them 16-5 in the 1st, 14-10 in the 2nd, and 11-3 in the 3rd/OT... but Lundqvist stood on his head all night (a hockey expression I love by the way) and prevented the Hawks from punching one in til just under 6 minutes remained. Toews broke through with a power play scrum and the pucked just slid in for once.


Overtime was it's usual frenetic pace, after a couple of missed shots by both teams, Big Buff got on the breakaway (I swear I'm not making this up) made a nice move and got the 41st shot of the night past Lundqvist for the winner.


Random notes/thoughts/happenings tonight:
-Learned the names of 2 people we've sat next to for 4 or 5 games now... (Ed and Basha)
-The other 2 people we sit next to got in an accident on the way to the game. (I told you mother nature is a whore)
-NHL resident fuckstain Sean Avery is on the Rangers... this is worth noting b/c I didn't notice him on the ice. I figured a fight with that bag of douche would have been imminent, especially with the ice time Eager and "I'll fight (and lose to) anyone" Frasor received. Kinda bummed for no fights last night...
-One of the loudest non-Huet/Detroit related boos I've ever heard happened last night. The Ice Crew thought it was a media timeout and time to come out and clean the ice... Refs thought otherwise and sent them back off. (male) Fans were not happy.

Kudos to Big Buff for do something worthwhile, allowing me to show him rockin this awesome suit


Current Record/Standings: 19-7-3, 41 points. 1st/Division, 2nd/Conference
Next up for the Hawks: @ Buffalo, Fri. Dec 11th
Next up for Me and Thomas D: Home vs Bruins, Fri. Dec 18th (sans Thomas D again - effing company christmas parties)

No comments: